Pot Roast in the slow cooker is one of my all time favorite things to eat. The meat is so tender and flavorful, perfect for young kiddos who are still getting their teeth.
It also involves very little prep time and with young kids- usually I just don’t have time- and don’t want to take the time- to prep a dish for dinner. I like simple and easy cooking.
A friend gave me this recipe years ago, and it has been served at our table regularly.
- 3-5 lb pot roast (chuck roast)
- 1 pkg. dry onion soup mix
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup (or golden mushroom)
- 6 potatoes (cut in chunks)
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery (cut in chunks)
- 1 can beef broth
- 3 cloves of garlic (or more if you like garlic)
Place pot roast in slow cooker, top with all other ingredients, cook on low for 6-8 hours till meat is fully cooked and tender.