Intentionally Live

Feet on the Beach

Live intentionally.

Intentionally live.

Like breathing- a constant prayer.

Savor.

Amble.

Dawdle.

Feel God stretch the moment as it fills with gratitude.

Thankful living.

No accident.

I can’t stumble into a life characterized by joy and gratitude.

I must step in faith.

Seek and long to find.

Pursue with a passionate longing.

Despise all that keeps me from the life God longs to give me.

Shake off the sin.

Running and never looking back

Run.

Run to Him.

Seek it will all of my heart.

Fall in love with His Truth.

New habits.

Intentional change.

Humility.

Submission.

Work in me- mold me.

By your grace make me new.

I don’t want to be rocked and swayed by every passing emotion.

Tossed around and battered like a ship at sea in a storm.

When unexpected storms roll in, I want to sleep on the ship.

Rest in God’s provision.

In anticipation of what has not yet been given.

Feeling completely safe and at peace in the hallow of His Hand.

Hands Study 6

Wearing a silent seal that saysI know who controls the storms and the waves.  I know who built my ship and gave it’s course.

Peace living in me; a living trust that is faith in my God.

My Maker, Redeemer, and Friend.

What gets me up each morning?

Calls me to dive into His Word with desperate hope and longing?

Knowing the peace I seek can only be found in Him.

I know that the God I serve honors those who hunger for his daily bread.

So I will seek Him- praying by His mercy I will find Him.

And He will change me.

I will make time for Him.

Invite Him into all I do.

Live Intentionally.

Intentionally live.

We only have this one life- how will we spend it?

Linked up at the following:

Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

Covered in Grace

Beauty in His Grip Button

Blog Button Final
The Scenic Route

alwaysalleluia.com

Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Intentionally Live

1. Yes, Intentionally live. Beautiful, heartfelt words of longing for Him in all things. I want to be the one sleeping in faith through the storms of life too. Nice to meet you from Playdates.

2. ro elliott says:

neighbors at PD…beautiful…love…”feel God stretch the as they fill with gratitude”…amen. blessings to you~

3. Joan says:

A well timed post for me! My husband and I have been focusing on this very thing. We are “somewhere in the middle”…our kids are grown since my dad died last month, thoughts of “what is there to look forward to” keep running through my mind. But I know that is not correct thinking and we are looking to God and thanking Him for all He has done, is doing and will do. Each day is a special gift from the Lord and if we focus on Him and are thankful, we will see the beauty all around us, don’t you think? This past weekend, we purposely went on a great hike on the coast rather than just sitting around because we wanted to celebrate life and the life God has given us. It is a choice to focus on Him, and that is what I want and need to do! Thanks again for the great post and for linking up today!

Blessings, Joan

• Rachel says:

Joan- you expressed so well many of the same thoughts that I have been having. Focusing on today. I get so caught up in thinking of the past, or longing after a “possible” future- that I forget to fully live in the every day. It seems everything I read right now is calling me to savor the moment- live fully in it- and most of all- invite God in. God bless you, thank you for sharing.

4. Denise says:

“I can’t stumble into a life characterized by joy and gratitude. I must step in faith”

Yes, yes! Learning to walk everyday!

5. Beth says:

Your words–God’s words through you–are such a blessing this morning, Rachel. Thanks for encouraging my heart today!

• Rachel says:

Beth- our God is so good! I love how He uses all our struggles and joys to encourage each other in this journey. All Praise and glory to our God- all good things are from Him! Blessings on you.

6. Laura says:

These words are so powerful. And the images too. For some reason, this really got to me: Run.

Run to Him.
    Seek it will all of my heart.
    Fall in love with His Truth.

And that image of the doggie just running his heart out. That’s where I wanna be.

• Rachel says:

That pic really touched me too- the uninhibited desire was written all over him. :) So glad you stopped by. God bless you.

7. Hello – I’m pretty new to your blog but love how eloquently you wrote this. My heart skipped a beat at the thought of “Like breathing – a constant prayer”. So well said but easily forgotten. I’m passing the Liebster Blog Award on to you. You can go to my blog for more information. Have a wonderful week!

• Rachel says:

Thank you Christy! Our God is so good- all praise and glory to Him alone. All good things- anything excellent or praiseworthy flows from His hand. Looking forward to stopping by your blog. God bless you.

8. Lisa says:

You so echo my heart. Thank you so much for sharing this post and such a timely reminder!

9. Eileen says:

Beautiful, Rachel! “Intentional” is such a great word. And intentional living is what He calls each of us to. Thanks for linking up!