I was feeling desperate this week. Dealing with my first somewhat picky eater- and it is so frustrating when I make something and he won’t eat it- and then I am scrounging through the kitchen trying to find something that I know he will eat.
So, I got online and starting looking for some recipes that had veggies and were similar to the consistency of baby food- hoping that I could then make something that the rest of the family could also eat and thereby cutting down on the amount of time I have to spend in the kitchen.
We tried this recipe on Tuesday this week and I LOVE it! So simple and easy to whip up, all ingredients you probably have around the house already and makes enough for leftovers but you are not “swimming in it.”
I served this with chicken cooked on the stove top.
Here is the recipe from Allrecipes.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 6 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium casserole dish.
- Cook spinach according to package directions. Place potatoes in a pot with enough water to cover, and bring to a boil. Cook 15 minutes, or until tender but firm. Drain, cool slightly, and mash.
- In a bowl, mix the spinach, mashed potatoes, butter, sour cream, onion, salt, and dill. Transfer to the prepared casserole dish. Top with Cheddar cheese.
Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until bubbly and lightly brown.
***Link to original recipe, click here.