Another favorite from Crockin’ Girls.
Whenever I am having a large group of people over, this is one of my favorite recipes. Very simple and usually appeals to most of the picky eaters out there. Heat up some green beans or cooked spinach on the side- we also usually have french bread- sometimes I put it in the oven with garlic salt and butter on top for a special treat.
Watch out burning the pasta, this recipe says 6-8 hours, but I think you should check at 5 hours- esp. the noodles and meat at the bottom of the crock pot. You might just want to stir it a bit or put it on warm until you are ready to eat.
1 lb. ground beef
1 jar (26 oz.) spaghetti sauce
1 c. water (I don’t usually add water)
1 (15 oz.) container of ricotta cheese
1 (8oz) pkg. of shredded mozzarella, divided
1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese, divided
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
6 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- Brown ground beef; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and water.
- Mix ricotta, 1 1/2 c. mozzarella, 2 Tbsp. parmesan, egg and parsley.
- Spoon 1 cup meat sauce into slow cooker; top with layers of half each of the noodles, broken to fit, and then cheese mixture.
- Cover with 2 cups of the remaining meat sauce.
- Top with remaining noodles, broken to fit, cheese mixture and meat sauce.
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.