I loved this recipe and it was a great hit with the kiddos. Easy and delicious- my favorite combination!
- 2 (15 oz) cans navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken or turkey
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (add more if you like it spicy)
- 4 oz can diced green chiles
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Pita chips, crushed
- Combine all of the ingredients, except cheese in a large pot. Cover and simmer at least 30 minutes, cooking longer for a thicker chili. Spoon into bowls and sprinkle with cheese.
- Serve on a cold night with your favorite people.