Shared from allrecipes.com. By: Taste of Home’s Fast Family Favorites
I love this recipe and have made it on so many times I am close to memorizing it. I never ate things with pumpkin until a friend urged me to try a pumpkin soup- now my two favorite breakfast foods contain pumpkin. (pumpkin pancakes recipe coming soon)
FYI: I make this without the Streusel.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned or cooked pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups finely chopped peeled apples
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons cold butter or margarine
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apples. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. In a small bowl, combine sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
***Direct Link to original recipe, click here.